Friday, February 24, 2012

Egg and Hash Brown Scramble with Bacon

This is a good, easy, hearty breakfast you can make for your family and you do not need to be an expert in the kitchen to make it. As you can see from the picture...I really class it up with paper plates.

Ingredients:
1 package bacon (I like maple)
1 package frozen potatoes O'Brien (you will also need a little vegetable oil, salt and pepper for these)
4 eggs
1/2 cup milk
Shredded Cheese (cheddar or a cheddar mix works best)
Salsa or ketchup or even some sour cream

I LOVE bacon...but I used to hate cooking it because you either got splashed by grease trying to fry it in a pan, or you smelled up your microwave for a week. Thanks to my friend Cristina...I now will pass on to you an easy way to cook bacon.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with tin foil. Separate bacon slices and lay flat on foil. Bake until you achieve desired crispiness. I like mine a little soft, so I bake it about 15 minutes.



While the bacon is baking....cook frozen potatoes according to package directions. While they are cooking, sprinkle on salt and pepper to taste (I usually use season salt).
 Whisk eggs and milk together.














Whisk eggs and milk together.













Once potatoes are finished pour in egg mixture and cook until eggs are firm, stirring occasionally.

















  Top with shredded cheese and remove from heat











Top with ketchup, salsa, sour cream...which ever you decided.

Cheers!
CC

No comments:

Post a Comment