Sunday, February 19, 2012

Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole


Original recipe came from http://www.plainchicken.com/2012/01/chicken-cordon-bleu-roll-ups.html#more...which I found on Pinterest. But I did things differently and made a casserole instead. I think the way I did it came out really well, and we were able to have it for 3 days. Next time I make it, I will change a few things...so I will note those changes here. :)

Here is the recipe I used:

2 cooked chicken breast, chopped
1 cooked ham steak, chopped (i bought a .03lb ham steak and used half of it for this recipe)
2 cans reduced-fat crescent rolls
1 can 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup 2% milk
1 cup swiss cheese, shredded

Preheat oven to 350F.

Spray a 9x13-inch pan with cooking spray; set aside. Mix together milk, soup and half of the cheese. Then add in the cut up chicken and ham and mix it up.

Open 1 can of crescent rolls, flatten out the dough and place on the bottom of the baking dish. Pour Soup and meat mixture over the dough. Top with remaining shredded cheese, then open and unroll the second can of rolls and place on the top.

Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly and rolls are golden brown.

Next time I make this, I am going to add some fresh chopped broccoli and mushrooms or maybe even some spinach. This makes about 6 servings.

Cheers! CC

No comments:

Post a Comment