Sunday, May 20, 2012

Cream Cheese & Jam French Toast Sammy



Liv (my 15 month old) loves to eat dry cereal and a scrambled egg with cheese for breakfast. It's pretty typical...but lately I've been wanting to switch up her breakfast routine. At breakfast time, I just want whatever I make to be easy, quick, and yummy. I am not a morning person...so cooking with a cup of coffee in one hand is a must! My first thought was french toast with Nutella (yum)...but then I remembered this cafe my mom used to take me to that served cream cheese and jam sandwiches. And ding...the light bulb went off in my head. French Toast Sammy with cream cheese and jam in the middle. Delicious!

Ingredients:
  • 1 egg
  • splash of milk
  • 3 drops vanilla
  • 2 slices of bread
  • cream cheese
  • jam
Heat a skillet on medium heat with cooking spray or butter to prevent sticking. Whisk egg, milk, and vanilla together in a shallow bowl. Soak both sides of bread in the egg mixture and immediately place in skillet. Cook both sides for several minutes to ensure egg is cooked through. Smear with cream cheese and jam and serve as a sandwich.

You can also switch it up with cream cheese and honey, peanut butter and honey (or syrup), add cinnamon to the egg mixture, or use cream cheese and fresh fruit. Be creative!

Cheers!
CC

No comments:

Post a Comment