Thursday, May 24, 2012

Brownie Bites Made in a Cake Pop Maker



Nick absolutely loves brownies with Reese's chips. But with 95 degree temperatures and 55% humidity, the last thing I want to do is run the oven. So I figured I would pull out the cake pop maker and see if making brownies would work. It did! They turned out so delicious and if you are like me and like the edges of the brownies the best, then you will love this!

Ingredients:
  • 1 box of your favorite brownie mix
  • 1 bag Reese's Peanut Butter Chips (you won't use the whole bag)

Plug in your cake pop maker to pre-heat it. Mix up the brownie mix as directed on the box. TIP: My favorite brownie mix is by far Dunkin Hines Milk Chocolate.  Spray Cake Pop maker with cooking spray. Fill each cup with brownie batter half way, then add in 3 or 4 Reese's chips to each and fill the rest of the way with batter. They take about 15 minutes to bake through. I suggest trying out just a few first before you fill up the whole pop maker. This gives you an idea of what you are doing and a good technique and if you run a few, its not a big deal. Make sure you also poke the middle of them with a tooth pick to make sure the center is cooked through. If the toothpick is clean, they are done. How I fill my pop maker is with a squeeze bottle (I got in the baking and candy aisle of Micheal's). But you can use a pastry bag or a sandwich bag that you cut at the corner.

If Reese's aren't your thing, you can make them plain or with other things like chopped nuts, butterscotch chips, white chocolate chips, caramel....

Cheers!
CC

Did you try this? How did it turn out? Let us know!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great idea! My husband absolutely loved them! They're a new favorite in my house! i had no idea the potential of my cakepop maker!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire what you have done here. I like the part where you say you are doing this to give back but I would assume by all the comments that this is working for you as well. bakersfield cakes

    ReplyDelete