Thursday, May 3, 2012

Chicken Fajitas



Being a So Cal native, but living in Louisiana I am really missing Mexican food. We went out one night to what we were told was the best Mexican food in town...it was okay...but not by So Cal standards. So right now I think my best best is to rely on my own versions. My cooking is still very white though...I need to brush up on my skills when I go home to visit...spend some time with my BF3 (who is Mexican).

I was really craving some good fajitas and these really hit the spot for me! This is my original recipe. I also made some Spanish rice to go with the meal...it turned out okay for a first try but next time I am going to make a few changes. I'll post the rice recipe in a separate post.

Ingredients:
  • 1lbThin sliced chicken breast, cubed
  • 1 large onion, diced (I used a sweet onion)
  • 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
  • olive oil
  • lemon juice
  • garlic, pepper, cumin, cilantro, salt, Worcestershire sauce
Spray a little olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onion, and a splash of lemon juice, garlic, pepper, cumin, cilantro and salt and cook until onion is browned. Add in bell pepper and  chicken and splash with a little Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice. Make sure to stir and flip chicken. Make sure chicken is cooked all the way through...cooks in about 10-15 minutes.

Serve with warm tortillas and your favorite toppings...salsa, sour cream, cheese, avocado, guacamole, etc.

Cheers!
CC

Did you try this? Make changes? Tell me your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment