Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Things I am Planning

With St. Patty's Day coming up...I am determined to make a Grasshopper Pie. Those of you here in the South know what I am talking about. When I was pregnant (and living in California) I craved this for weeks. It was one of the few things I craved. But when I asked for it, people looked at me like I was insane. And I just was not into cooking much while I was pregnant. Now that I have moved and have all my cookbooks and magazines unpacked...I found a recipe for Grasshopper Pie and it is on my list of things to make. For my California friends...Grasshopper Pie is a mint pie with chocolate cookie crust. YUM! Stay tuned for that one!

Tomorrow I am making the Orange Roughy recipe I found in my Southern Living cookbook. Then Thursday or Friday, Chicken Satay. I am trying to convince Nick to take me to Red Lobster for Lobster Fest one day even though I am allergic and will pay for it. It's not a deadly allergy or anything...just some stomach uncomfort...to put it nicely.

This weekend I will be meal planning again and shopping for any items I may need. I heard this slow cooker orange chicken recipe on Pinterest is amazing, so I am giving that a try for sure. And I may also do stuffed bell peppers at Nick's request. I am also going to look for some new recipes to test out.

I hope you enjoy my cooking/baking adventures as much as I do :)

Cheers!
CC

No comments:

Post a Comment