Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Flops... Ugh and Easter Menu

My confidence was a little shaken...I had two flops in one week. First was my Mole. I could not find the original recipe I used, so I improvised. It was horrible. Then I tried a slow cooker recipe from Pinterest for Orange Chicken. Another fail. It was over cooked and tasted horrible. It really made me feel bad about my ability.

So instead of trying new things, I stuck with some old favorites. But on Sunday, I am hosting Easter dinner. There won't be many people because we are new to the area and we don't have family here...but we do have a couple friends coming. Taking in some of the other "orphan" military transplants. :) I love hosting big dinners and I'm really looking forward to it.

Here's my Easter Menu....what are your plans?

Appetizer:
  • Ranch, Bacon and Cheese Pull Apart Bread (recipe from Pinterest). I have made this and it is good! Pull Apart Bread
Dinner
  • Honey Baked Ham (pre-made so I can't fail...lol)
  • Green Beans with Caramelized Onions
  • My Grandma's Carrot Recipe
  • Mashed Potatoes or Maybe a Potato Casserole I saw on Pinterest Potato Casserole
  • Hawaiian Rolls
  • And...Yams...My own personal recipe and they are amazing!
Dessert
  •  Lemon Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment