Friday, June 1, 2012

Super Simple Homemade Iced Blended Coffee



I love love love frappaccinos. BUT....not working anymore has made those little extras something I go without. Let's face it, spending $7 or ore a day on one coffee drink adds up when you are on a budget. So I figured out a super easy and still yummy way to make my favorite summer splurge at home and save a bundle!

When I brew coffee, I always make just enough for my one morning cup, but a lot of people brew extra and never use it. So this is a great way to use that coffee! You will freeze the coffee into an ice cube tray. One tray will make 1 large cup of blended coffee.

Ingredients:
  • Coffee (your favorite flavor will work well)
  • Water
  • Liquid Creamer (in your favorite flavor)
Brew coffee as normal. For 1 large cup, you need 2 cups of coffee. I've noticed people brew their coffee differently...but if you have never brewed coffee before...this is what I do...for each 1 cup of water used, I use one heaping tablespoon of coffee grounds.  Adjust from there if you like your coffee stronger or weaker. :)

Pour coffee into an ice cube tray and freeze.

Pour cubes into a blender and add about 1/2 to 1 cup creamer (depending on how creamy you like it). Blend. Pour into a cup with a straw and enjoy!



I used vanilla flavored coffee and vanilla nut flavored Coffee Mate....but you can use any flavor for this or even add a little chocolate milk mix for a mocha.

Cheers!
CC


No comments:

Post a Comment