Friday, June 1, 2012

Cupcake Designs

These cupcakes came before I started this blog. But I wanted to share them because they turned out so well!

These first ones I made for my sister's beach themed bridal shower. I used Dunkin Hines cake mix and frosting. For the frosting, I used a cookie press to squirt onto the cupcakes, spray painted the blue on with spray food coloring (you can get it at Micheal's), used brown sugar for the sand, and topped with sea shells I made with candy melts and candy molds (also purchased at Micheal's). For the marbled look of the shells, you pour chocolate into the mold, then white chocolate and gently swirl. This also looks good with pink and white candy melts.


These one's I did for my daughter's 1/2 (6 month) birthday. They are very simple, but still cute. It was an animal theme so I made animal chocolates from candy molds, used animal print cupcake liners. Simple but cute...especially since she couldn't eat them anyway.


These ones...I cannot take credit for. My sister made them for my Dr. Seuss themed baby shower. But she did such a great job...I wanted to share! The ones with blue cotton candy on top had little stickers that said "thing 1" and "thing 2." The others had various characters that she had printed using edible ink. If anyone wants to know how it was done just comment below and I will ask her.



No comments:

Post a Comment